bird story agency
VIDEO: YOUNG AFRICAN ACTIVISTS AT COP 27
Updated: Nov 27, 2022
STORY NAME: YOUNG AFRICAN ACTIVISTS AT COP 27
LOCATION: SHARM EL SHEIKH, EGYPT
DATE SHOT: 10/11/22
SOUND: NATURAL SOUND WITH ENGLISH SPEECH
SOURCE: BIRD STORY AGENCY
ASPECT RATIO: 16.9
ORIGINAL FRAME RATE: 24 fps (progressive).
INTRO: Young climate activists at “Africa’s cop” in discussion on loss and damage financing
1. VARIOUS OF YOUNG ACTIVIST SHARON RINGO MOWO AND HIS FATHER RINGO MOWO LEAVING THEIR HOTEL
2. SHARON RINGO MOWO AND HIS FATHER BOARDING THE BUS
3. VARIOUS OF SHARON RINGO MOWO AND HIS FATHER ARRIVING AT “AFRICA’S COP”
4. SHARON RINGO PERUSING THROUGH HER PUBLISHED BOOK
5. SOUNDBITE (ENGLISH): SHARON RINGO MOWO, YOUNG TANZANIAN CLIMATE ACTIVIST, SAYING:
“I was inspired to see so many people were interested in the big five when I went to Serengeti national park. And when we saw the animals, so many people were there in safari cars. So, it interested me to write a book so that a lot more people around the world would know about the big five”.
6. SHARON RINGO MOWO PERUSING THROUGH HER PUBLISHED BOOK
7. SOUNDBITE (ENGLISH): SHARON RINGO MOWO, YOUNG TANZANIAN CLIMATE ACTIVIST SAYING:
“I’m telling people and leaders that are here in cop27 to start keeping our environment safe and stop being greedy to us because we are the future generation. So, we should be safe and protected with a good environment and a good climate”.
8. SHARON RINGO MOWO, VANESSA NAKATE AND OTHER CLIMATE ACTIVISTS POSING FOR A PHOTO.
9. DIXON BAHANDAGIRA, CLIMATE ACTIVIST HAVING A CHAT.
15. SOUNDBITE (ENGLISH): DIXON BAHANDAGIRA, UGANDAN CLIMATE ACTIVIST, SAYING:
“We want actions. If there is action and compensation, we want leaders to show us the money. The 100 billion they talked about. Because we are tired of the words, the promises and everything. Adaptation on loss and damage might be possible for them but we don’t see that on the ground”.
10. COP 27 VISITORS MOVING AROUND
11. OLUWATOBILOBA AJAYI, NIGERIAN ACTIVIST AT HER STATION WITH TEAM
12. VARIOUS OF OLUWATOBILOBA AJAYI, NIGERIAN ACTIVIST, WORKING ON HER LAPTOP
13. SOUNDBITE (ENGLISH): OLUWATOBILOBA AJAYI, NIGERIAN ADVOCATE FOR CLEAN AIR, SAYING:
“The reason i came here is to advocate for clean air and air pollution because I have been into the projects even before coming to cop. What I hope to achieve is that we want the government, we want delegates to understand that we need clean air in our environment and air pollution is killing the youths and the old.
14. VARIOUS OF COP27 ATTENDEES MOVING AROUND
15. VARIOUS OF SAMUEL OKORIE ENGAGED IN A CONVERSATION WITH OTHER COP27 ATTENDEES
16. SAMUEL OKORIE, NIGERIAN ACTIVIST IN A DISCUSSION WITH OTHER ACTIVISTS
17. SOUNDBITE (ENGLISH) SAMUEL OKORIE, NIGERIAN ACTIVIST AND YOUNGO CONTACT POINT ON LOSS AND DAMAGE, SAYING:
“We’ve had deliberate engagement on loss and damage. We’ve had deliberate engagement on finance. We’ve even had demonstrations on loss and damage demanding for loss and damage finance now and also demanding for climate justice for the global south in solidarity with the global north.
18. SAMUEL OKORIE, NIGERIAN ACTIVIST PARTICIPATING IN LOSS AND DAMAGE FINANCE PEACEFUL DEMONSTRATION